[RESOLVED] I am looking for someone using an X56 HOTAS

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
BigT1965

[RESOLVED] I am looking for someone using an X56 HOTAS

Post by BigT1965 »

I have two X56 flight control systems and they are both having the same problem. I would like to find another X56 user to discuss this with. Here is the deal. When I try to fly inverted the plane will not stay in the inverted position. It immediately flips out of that position causing some lose of control and disorientation. The same thing happens when trying to do a roll. As soon as it gets inverted the plane flips out. If I slow the simulation rate to the slowest I can see it snapping out of the inverted position. I have contacted Logitech support but they do not have an FSX or P3D program they can test this with and without them seeing it in action I don't believe we will ever come to a solution. If I could make an Mp3 video of the problem in action maybe they could play that, but I don't know how to do that. If there is an X56 simmer reading this please respond. Thanks
i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S, Altec Sound.
BigT1965

Re: I am looking for someone using an X56 HOTAS

Post by BigT1965 »

The problem has been solved. Someone on the FSX-SE forum suggested that I increase my joystick dead zones to a higher setting like 30. So I did this and sure enough the roll anomaly was fixed. I tried several aircraft and they all worked correctly. WooHoo!
i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S, Altec Sound.