Relased HIFI ASP3D Beta # 3 ver. 7448

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
robpol471

Re: Relased HIFI ASP3D Beta # 3 ver. 7448

Post by robpol471 »

Changelog:

ASP3D
- P3Dv5 Compatibility Updates
- Documentation updated (first draft, now ready for review and feedback)
- Fixed precipitation issue with ambient precipitation rate for v5
- Attempted fix for P3Dv5 CTD / crash issues including crash triggered by higher-latitude areas above 53N with EA mode off
- Attempted fix for stability / crash issues in v4
- Attempted a fix for external radar related CTD ("range change") in some cases
- Attempted a fix for cloud model issues and/or missing .cld files in some cases
- Attempted a fix regarding textures and clouds and potential interference from default or other add-on content
- Attempted fix for intermittent strange sky coloring issue in both v4 and v5
- Fixed an issue with overcast patterns in detailed radar when using ASCA overcast
- Fixed cloud base/thickness discrepancy issues in some cases
- Fixed an issue related to in-cloud detection
- Fixed runway selection issue, now using Navigraph runway data vs. simulator scenery runway data
- Fixed an issue that could prevent cloud movement with the wind (in v4)
- Attempted fix for German character handling issue within e-mail addresses causing login error
- Adjusted New user registration form for more intuitive security question selection process
- Fixed problem with survey form scrollbar not showing
- UI Adjustments
- Updated survey for separate beta #3 trigger and response tracking
- Change from single shortcut to 2 shortcuts, one for each P3D version variant (v4) or (v5), to quickly startup in the appropriate mode without need for choosing version - Version question will still be asked on first run
- Made -simVersion command line argument non-case-sensitive
- Fixed window size/position/dock status not saved/recalled properly issue
- Enabled additional verbose logging for identifying and tracking various reported issues
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ robpol471,

Are your testing it?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
robpol471

Post by robpol471 »

Hi Martyson,

ASP3D I used it mainly on P3D 4.5 because I am waiting for the announced release of the HF2 for P3D 5 with the hope that it will solve the various problems reported and some that I have encountered in the few flights made with P3D 5.

ASP3D together with REX addons for clouds and environment, on P3D 4.5 has proven reliable and not me has created problems and I prefer the rain graphics much more than that shown in P3D 5.

IMHO, I currently believe, as far as reliability is concerned, that P3D 4.5 is better than to P3D 5 which certainly has higher potential but with P3D 4.5 I have not encountered any crash, CTD and graphic artifacts as well as non-dependent problems
by LM but by some manufacturers of addons that have released versions for P3D 5 with graphic problems.

I have just installed this new version of ASP3D and I can only say that it recognizes automatically which P3D you are using.

Regards,

Roberto
Emile

Post by Emile »

Hello,
I like it P3D V5hf
Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64