[RESOLVED] Linking scenery objects to an FSR path

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
David Love-Brice

[RESOLVED] Linking scenery objects to an FSR path

Post by David Love-Brice »

Hi guys,

A bit of an off the wall question here, currently I have a pre-flown FSR file which I'm using as an ideal path for a student to fly against. However, I'd like to aid them by using gates along the path to give them a visual indication of the path they need to fly.

That being said, SimDirector's view doesn't really aid very well in placing gates accurately along the path by hand, is there a setting or something in SimDirector which will allow the placing or 'attaching' of static scenery objects at various points along an flightsegment path?

Any help would be appreciated.
David Love-Brice
Prepar3D Courseware Lead, AIR 5428
Lockheed Martin Australia
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Linking scenery objects to an FSR path

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi David,

The FlightSegment object has a RenderInMission flag. When you set this to true a green line will be drawn across the recorded path. There isn't a direct way to easily add objects to an existing recording. One option would be to add an AI aircraft to the scenario that follows this recording. You can then add a VisualPath object to this vehicle and specify which object it will drop along its path. The student won't see all gates along the whole path when the scenario starts but they will see these objects placed in real time behind the AI aircraft.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
David Love-Brice

Thanks Rob, that's an interesting method I'd not thought of before. :)

I'll give it a go and see how it looks.
David Love-Brice
David Love-Brice

Just following up with this method. Worked well, I used a Kingair as circuit traffic which flew the circuit FSR file from initialisation, then the userownship followed on. Not only did it provide a series of gates for the student to fly through, it provided circuit traffic! :)

Attaching a waypoint pillar object to the circuit entity also made it easier to see.

Thanks Rob.
David Love-Brice