Sim Director Catalog and Friendly Names

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
Ace-9

Sim Director Catalog and Friendly Names

Post by Ace-9 »

Hello,

With reference to the many topics and posts concerning Sim Director not loading the catalog with friendly names switched on dating back to 2016, unfortunately, the issue seems to still be apparent.

I opened a topic on Orbx web site asking for their help with what seems to be a Sim Director issue exasperated by Orbx scenery in line with the Prepar3D guidlings, the response was "not to load friendly names." https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/186 ... nt-1614133

Having recently become interested in scenery development again after reading how easy it is in Sim Director, the only way I can load Sim Director is to disable my add ons, mainly Orbx scenery, this is not acceptable if it is an Orbx region or airport that I wish to update by adding buildings / trees etc. Without knowledge of the GUID's, finding objects is a very long winded task.

Is it possible I am missing an up date or doing something wrong to be suffering from this old problem, stuck "Loading terrain 69%" for well over an hour before giving up and killing it with the task manager ?

I have Prepar3D and SDK v4.5.13.32097 running on Windows 10 (1909) all loaded on to fast M.2 or SSDs

Many Thanks
Tally Ho & ATB...
Roger
Ace-9

Re: Sim Director Catalog and Friendly Names

Post by Ace-9 »

I would like an answer please, this is an issue that causes folk to loose time.
Tally Ho & ATB...
Roger