Heat value in IR sensors

charlie00123

Heat value in IR sensors

Postby charlie00123 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:47 pm

I'm a newbie with the P3d. I'm trying to get the heat values of targets in Targeting Pod Camera. It is to be implemented in IR (Both Black Hot & White Hot) mode.
In the DLL or the Documentation, I could not find the Information about whether P3D can identify Heat values or not.
Does the IR modes in Targeting Pod Camera simply change the color effects of the image? In postProcess.xml file, I found the following settings for Black/White Hot.

Code: Select all

<Section Name="Camera.1.16"> <Property Name="Guid" Value="{57A3758A-D596-4260-8AF0-302A5E4DF5CE}" /> <Property Name="Title" Value="IR (White Hot)" /> <Property Name="PanelOnlyView" Value="False" /> <Property Name="Zoom" Value="1" /> <Property Name="Translation" Value="0, 0, 0" /> <Property Name="SensorMode" Value="1" /> <Property Name="Rotation" Value="0, 0, 0" /> </Section> <Section Name="Camera.1.17"> <Property Name="Guid" Value="{DD3A45A5-C8BE-417A-B69E-32F402D56F36}" /> <Property Name="Title" Value="IR (Black Hot)" /> <Property Name="PanelOnlyView" Value="False" /> <Property Name="Zoom" Value="1" /> <Property Name="Translation" Value="0, 0, 0" /> <Property Name="SensorMode" Value="2" /> <Property Name="Rotation" Value="0, 0, 0" /> <Property Name="PostProcess.0" Value="InvertColor" /> </Section>
I was unable to find any Configuration/Sample that tells us how does P3D get the IR View or if actually applies the sensor based on the heat values of targets.
Would really appreciate if someone point me to the right direction about where do I get the heat values of ground targets?

zigzag

Re: Heat value in IR sensors

Postby zigzag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:28 pm

Personally, I am also rookie and when it comes to programming matters, I prefer to use proven solutions. I really like the grapeup.com/ where they know how to write utility applications. Anyway, there are people for whom programming is not a problem.

JB3DG

Re: Heat value in IR sensors

Postby JB3DG » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:57 pm

My examination of the IR shaders and P3D materials and material scripting SDK shows that they do simulate actual IR, but you will find it hard to get anything useful from the render target pixel data since the output is always normalized.
Jonathan Bleeker
Milviz systems dev

Formerly known as Naruto-kun

Return to “Software Development Kit (SDK) Questions”