No Sessions Viewed

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
flynby

No Sessions Viewed

Post by flynby »

Been trying to use P3Dv4 Multiplayer. Was told once you sign in, you would see a list in the Sessions window. This is what I see:
https://imgur.com/a/gASSKXU
The IP address is correct. The Port Forwarding is on. The firewall is low. I can host a session, but no one can see it. Can you suggest what I am doing wrong? Many thanks.
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: No Sessions Viewed

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi flynby,

The Session Selection window will show multiplayer sessions that are running on the same local area network (LAN). To connect to a session over the internet you will want other players to use the Connect Direct IP feature to connect to you.

Also, you will want to make sure that you are running the same version of Prepar3D as the session.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
flynby

Post by flynby »

My question is: I *never* see a session to select on the internet. If someone is hosting a session on P3Dv3; it will not show on P3Dv4? Thanks again.
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello,

Correct, the versions must match so v3 servers will not be listed on v4 clients. You will only see servers listed in the lobby if they are running on the same local area network and running the same P3D version. If you want to connect to a server over the internet, you would want to use the Connect Directly (IP) button and enter the host's IP address.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
1_dre_done

Post by 1_dre_done »

Clifton Crane wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:23 pm Hello,

Correct, the versions must match so v3 servers will not be listed on v4 clients. You will only see servers listed in the lobby if they are running on the same local area network and running the same P3D version. If you want to connect to a server over the internet, you would want to use the Connect Directly (IP) button and enter the host's IP address.
Hi, I’m having the same issue is there anywhere or any place I can visit to see the exact set up of how the settings should be in order to connect. Also, I’m not sure if I understand, are you saying that version 4.4 will not connect to 4.5? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andre