Changing of Default Axis Range in TargetingPod Camera View

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
charlie00123

Changing of Default Axis Range in TargetingPod Camera View

Post by charlie00123 »

Hello all! I'm new to P3D and working on Targeting Pod example provided with the SDK.
I'm trying to change the Field of regard of the camera and for that I need to change camera axis (pitch in particular) range i.e from (-90°- +90°) to (-120° - +30°).
Is that possible. Can someone help me out with this?
In Aircraft.cfg file, There are camera definitions available and I can change the initial Pbh values but but none of them changes the range of the camera pitch.
I'd really appreciate if some expert would guide me how can I change these values.
Thanks!
JB3DG

Re: Changing of Default Axis Range in TargetingPod Camera View

Post by JB3DG »

Pitch can only ever be +- 90. When you are at -120, you change the heading to + or -180, and the pitch to -60. So when pitch passes -90, it starts to increase again, with a heading of -180.
Jonathan Bleeker
Milviz systems dev

Formerly known as Naruto-kun
charlie00123

Post by charlie00123 »

Hi! Thank you for your response.
Yes I understand. But pitch in targeting Pod sample is fixed, i.e when I touch +90 or -90, it won't move further.
The heading, on the other hand, shifts to +180 if I decrease it down to -180 and vice virsa.
Pitch stops at +90 when I increase, and -90 when I decrease it.
I tried to edit the targetingPod.swf file and found that we can only change the front end of the targeting Pod (i.e the positions of Crosshair, radials etc) not the logic behind them.
This range is got to be defined somewhere that's why p3d knows it should stop at these points.
JB3DG

Post by JB3DG »

Its up to you to work within those confines. If you desire to send an angle > 90 deg pitch, you need to stop it, set heading to -180, and then start decreasing pitch.
Jonathan Bleeker
Milviz systems dev

Cesar Vejar

Post by Cesar Vejar »

Along with greeting, I want to know if you managed to place the camera with the TargetingPod.swf?

I want to place the targeting pod as a gaugue or as a window.

I have an A-10 Warthog that I am modifying and I managed to create an MDF from the F-16, but I cannot activate the camera of the targeting pod. I would like my A-10 to have this camera active either inside the VC or as a floating gaugue or floating window.

I hope you can help me.

greetings from Chile.
JB3DG

Post by JB3DG »

I don't use swf files. All my camera work has been in C++ PDK texture rendering displays.
Jonathan Bleeker
Milviz systems dev