CameraSetRelative6DOF with View Group

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
Ebertr

CameraSetRelative6DOF with View Group

Post by Ebertr »

I tried to change 6DOF settings via SIMConnect. It works with one monitor and virtual cockpit as expected. With a view group of 3 monitors and virtual cockpit it does not work. Should it work? If YES what is the right way to do it? If NO is their any other way to accomplish this than with simconnect.CameraSetRelative6DOF?

Ruediger
Ebertr

Re: CameraSetRelative6DOF with View Group

Post by Ebertr »

Dear LM Team,
I have still the problem to change the view dynamically with 6DOF and View Groups. Works perfect with VC and one camera. With a View Group for 3 projectors / monitors I can not get it working. The sdk documentation does not give any information regarding view groups and 6DOF. Could you please bring light into the dark :-)

Thanks in advance!

Ruediger
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

The frustum offset used for view groups and VR is independent of the 6DOF offset so in theory it should work, though I don't think we specifically tested SimConnect based camera changes with view groups. Camera actions and PDK camera functions for setting those offsets do work with view groups. Changes based on input are broadcast form the active member of the group to other members so that mouse interactions work seamlessly as if there is one view which is controllable from and screen. If this broadcast is overwriting your change, it might be resolved by clicking on the default app view to activate it. There could also be an issue with the sim connect call piping through to the view. You may want to show window titles and see if they are changing when entering the view group. You would want to make the change based on the window name of the active member of the group.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
Ebertr

Post by Ebertr »

Hello Beau,
many thanks for responding to my question. The trick was clicking on the default view.

Ruediger