Prepar3D V1.4 SDK 'Missing DLL's' error

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
lionheart

Prepar3D V1.4 SDK 'Missing DLL's' error

Post by lionheart »

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to fix an error that has started in Prepar3D SDK V1.4? It states I have missing DLL files and the toolbar will now show up on the top of 3ds Max.

This caused a crash in 3ds Max, requiring me to do the reset (renaming of the ENU file) in Max to get it to start. The SDK refuses to show up. I tried reinstalling it, that did nothing. (Did that three times). I also tried the V4.5 SDK and that works fine. So its something to do with V1.4.

What could be going wrong? Is there a log somewhere that might reveal an issue? Are there missing files from another system like .NET or VS C++? How might I get this working again?

Grateful for 'any' help on this.

Its worked for years. Now its not. Presently running Windows 10.

Bill
lionheart

Re: Prepar3D V1.4 SDK 'Missing DLL's' error

Post by lionheart »

According to a post I found last night, this same set of errors points to having the 32bit SDK version and trying to run it in a version of Max that is in 64bit.

Trying to find the link to the V1.4 SDK in 64bit, the link appeared to be removed (in the post I found). Do you all still have a V1.4 SDK in 64bit available for download?

Bill
LHC
ronh991

Post by ronh991 »

Bill,

I know nothing about 3DS MAx but,

All recent versions of 3ds Max (2016/2015/2014) require 64 bit. The latest version for 32 bit is 3ds Max 2013.

So if you download ver 3.x of the SDK will that give you a version of the MAX files you need to run the 64-bit MAX?

Sine ver 3.x SDK is still 32 bit, it has some files for 64 bit MAX.

https://imgur.com/BtqWciq
Ron
lionheart

Post by lionheart »

Many thanks Ron.

I did find a post between a member here and one of the guys at Lockheed here. They had the SDK tools team create a 64bit version of the 1.4 SDK for 3ds Max 64bit versions. Its kind of difficult as 1.4 is 32bit and its needing to work in a 64bit 3ds Max. So the tools have to be tweaked. There were two versions of the 1.4 SDK, 32bit and one with 64bit included. I think thats the one I need as my 1.4 version SDK installer seems to be installing the older 32bit version.

Bill