Varjo Base app causing P3D v6 to freeze

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
edkap

Varjo Base app causing P3D v6 to freeze

Post by edkap »

Is anyone else having the problem where the Varjo Base software is causing P3D v6 to freeze. I also have P3D v5 installed but I haven't checked out if the problem exists there too. If you have, or have had this problem and know a solution for it I would be very grateful.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Re: Varjo Base app causing P3D v6 to freeze

Post by Beau Hollis »

Can you provide system specs? We have had some reports of poor performance/stutters on new intel chips such as the 13900k while in VR mode with Varjo HMDs (especially in Windows 10). Some users have worked around this by disabling efficiency cores in the bios or using windows registry edits to disable core parking in the power profile settings. The first place i would start is getting the latest VarjoBase app which should also get you on the latest firmware. Next I would update your video drivers. If you have more than one GPU make sure you P3D main app window is on a display connected to the same GPU as your HMD or VR will not function.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect