CIGI Host - No Entity Control

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
Invertedfilter

CIGI Host - No Entity Control

Post by Invertedfilter »

I am trying to use P3D as a CIGI host for my custom visualizer, but so far I have only received IG Control packets without the Entity Control packets necessary to extract P3Ds ownship position.

For my use case I am not interested in waiting for the IG to initiate packet transmission, and as such have set IsSynchronous to 0. While I’m able to confirm this has increased the rate of IG control packets to the specified frequency, the packets do not contain the necessary Entity Control packets.

I’m not sure what I’m missing.

It’s my understanding that with IsSynchronous at 0, my IG shouldn’t have to send any data P3D before Entity Control packets are sent.

Thank You!
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: CIGI Host - No Entity Control

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi Invertedfilter,

It sounds like you may need to configure your Entity Type ID's. Which version of CIGI are you targeting? If you are using CIGI 3.3 or less, you'll need to define your EntityTypeID's in the DISEntityTypes.xml file. We do not ship default values for these. If you are using CIGI 4.0, we do ship default values using the DIS enumeration strings. Here is a link the v6 Learning Center article:

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv6/prepar3d ... tityTypeID

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Clifton
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
Invertedfilter

Post by Invertedfilter »

I am targeting CIGI 3.3 and can verify my versioning is correct through wireshark.

I did omit the <EntityTypeID> from DISEntityType.xml, however even after adding <EntityTypeID>0</EntityTypeID> to the Lockheed Martin F-16C - USAF Gray <EntityType> I am piloting within P3D, I still only see IG Control within my packets.
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi Invertedfilter,

Could you try a non-zero value (up to 65535)? Zero is used to represent "null" entities. I'll make note to update the documentation.

Regards,
Clifton
Clifton Crane
Invertedfilter

Post by Invertedfilter »

I’ve tried setting to a non-zero value, namely 1, 2 then the sample line from the documentation using 20001. Sadly I still only receive IG Control packets.
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi Invertedfilter,

It looks like the P3D host will require at least one Start of Frame packet when in asynchronous mode. Does sending a SOF packet with the IG Mode set to Operate have any effect?

Regards,
Clifton
Clifton Crane