Vector Corrections (Missing Lakes) and Airport Improvements

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
JesC

Vector Corrections (Missing Lakes) and Airport Improvements

Post by JesC »

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to encourage you to continue efforts to improve the vector data for lakes, etc. Most recently I noticed Lake Keowee in Georgia and Lake George in Florida, for example. Hope this type of issue will continue to be resolved as it can be a challenge to visual navigation.

As a GA flyer who relies on primarily default airports, I have very much appreciated the updated nav database and the new default airports. Again, I would like to encourage the further improvement to some of the elements at the default airports. For instance some airports lack any structures (for instance KACT. KBRO, and KHRL) as well as missing terminals (for example KMFE).

The other issue is the "obstructions" at the airports. These "poles" with flashing lights need to be deleted or replaced with more representative objects. Just a bit more effort in this area would help greatly improve the sim's training value.

Thank you for considering these and I welcome any comment on your plans to take care of these in upcoming hofixea or point releases.

Jesse
Kaiii3

Re: Vector Corrections (Missing Lakes) and Airport Improvements

Post by Kaiii3 »

to help the devs with vector bug it is helpfull to upload an image or at least the location of the problem.
JesC

Post by JesC »

Kaiii3 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:01 pm to help the devs with vector bug it is helpfull to upload an image or at least the location of the problem.

Thanks for the response.

Frankly, I think I gave enough "location" information. I am quite sure the "Devs" are capable and intelligent enough to discover these and many other locations if they are interested.

Just wanted to encourage them to continue improving on their fantastic work.

Jesse
JesC

Post by JesC »

I don't know if anyone from Lockheed Martin is listening, but if you are, you can add KAEG to the list of default v5 airports missing any structures (Buildings, Hangars).

Thanks,

Jesse