Windows Startup

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
coderedaus

Windows Startup

Post by coderedaus »

Hi All,

As per another post i have in this forum, I am building a simple Simulator for a museum. One of the requirements is for P3Dv6 to boot automatically on Windows 11 startup, however I just can't seem to get this to work at all. I've added the 'Prepar3D' shortcut to the "C:\Users\sim\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup", confirmed it is enabled in Settings>Apps>Startup, however it just won't boot on startup.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Martyson

Re: Windows Startup

Post by Martyson »

Related topic post, See additional information here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=149903
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
coderedaus

Post by coderedaus »

Thx Vaughan for your reply, however I’m a little confused. One of my posts is about P3D starting up with Windows, and the second post which you linked is about Scenario’s. Am I not allowed to post two completely different questions?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hello coderedaus ,

You mentioned:
"As per another post i have in this forum, I am building a simple Simulator for a museum."

I was linking to the "other post" for LM Staff.

I should not have said Duplicate topic.

I should have said related topic.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

It might be worth creating a batch script or use some other form of automation tool to run Prepar3D.exe at startup. This would then give you the option to utilize the command line switches to do things like select a starting scenario, launch multiplayer, etc.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect