Fly Elite Hardware

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
roberto.fehlandt

Fly Elite Hardware

Post by roberto.fehlandt »

Good afternoon, can anyone tell me if there is a way to connect Fly Elyte hardware (Radios Tower, cuadrant & yoke ) to P3D, I can´t make it work... is there a patch for this ?.., or maybe some FSX software component must be installed ..? ( because this hardware does wor with FSX)
Thanks..!
MHargrove

Re: Fly Elite Hardware

Post by MHargrove »

Which specific panel and controller do you have? How does it connect to your FSX setup (USB? Something else?)

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
roberto.fehlandt

Post by roberto.fehlandt »

Good Morning Mark, thank you for your reply. I use the Fly Elite pro panel II and the AP 2000 avionics tower.
All connected through standard USB to the computer. It all works fine with FSX, but P3Dv5 does not seem to recognize them..
The simulators are on different computers, so I have to switch hardware ...
Your help is most appreciated..!

Kind regards
MHargrove

Post by MHargrove »

The Fly Elite collection is pretty high-end simulation hardware and I suspect custom drivers are going to be needed for some or all of the devices. The first thing I'd do is check with Fly Elite to see if they'll answer that question. Their website is kind of odd -- the systems are pretty expensive and there isn't all that much information about any of it, including no reference to drivers on the 'support' page. They also appear to have their own 'visual simulation' system (i.e., a flight simulator) that doesn't look like anything I've ever seen before. Did you have a special driver for FSX? The fact that the units use USB to communicate with your PC doesn't automatically help us -- USB is just a form of serial communications. The protocol doesn't say anything about WHAT is communicated over the physical link, and it's not uncommon for a custom driver to be needed.

I assume you're already done the most basic check -- plug the devices into USB and looked at what the WIndows USB Game Controller control panel "sees"? If it doesn't see any kind of joystick/button/hat controller, you won't be able to bind anything via the P3D control assignments.

There is still some hope, though: get a copy of FSUIPC (registered version) and see what devices/events it sees when the two units are plugged in. If FSUIPC doesn't see anything, you might be completely out of luck.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO